Nowadays more and more businesses have moved away from traditional forms of media such print adverts, radio, door drops to reach new customers. This is due to numerous factors including changing consumer habits to where they get their information from, the cost of traditional media, the potential reach of it, and the accurate data compiled.
Today digital marketing has become the most important media channel for modern businesses.
Digital advertising spend in the Irish market for 2018 reached €574m according to the latest results of the IAB PwC Online Adspend report, reflecting a growth rate of 17% year on year.
Consumers now “Google” answers, watch videos on their smartphones and post on social media. All businesses need to invest in digital marketing to help reach their target audience while they are online.
Data from the EU’s official statistical office Eurostat shows that 60% of Irish adults use of social media over-indexing Vs the EU average of 56%.
It is important to develop a digital marketing strategy that best targets your customers and their buying habits.
Many businesses face challenges when marketing their products and services when they have low brand recognition and limited marketing budgets.
This is why it is important they research customers buying behaviour first.
Customer Buying Behaviour Research
- First identify who your target audience is, what platforms do they use and when they use it.
- Once you know where to find your customers than you need to decide what message you want to convey about your brand to them.
- Finally, you need a call to action from the digital message such as “buy now” where the consumer is redirect to purchase the product or service.
Digital Marketing Plan
Once you have completed your customer research then you are ready to create your Digital marketing plan.
Some strategies include:
- Building a New Website if you don’t have one.
- Refresh an existing website and update it from brochure site to an ecommerce one.
- Create useful content that help educate your target audience. Types of content marketing include videos, infographics, articles, research, interviews, white papers and so on. The content is shared through blog, newsletters, website, social media, paid advertising, or email marketing.
- Search engine optimisation, also known as SEO, goes hand-in-hand with content marketing. SEO allows your target audience to organically find your website when searching for keywords on search engines.
- Buying online advertising know as PPC or Pay Per Click with Facebook, Twitter, or Google helps business grow their reach and are only charged when the user clicks on the advert.
- It is important for business to have a Social media online presence on such platforms as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and more. This facilitates them to have real time conversations with their customers and this helps build a relationship and trust.
Digital Marketing benefits?
Digital marketing allows you to:
- Target your ideal audience for less money than traditional marketing methods.
- Be where your customers are and broaden your reach to a global audience.
- Deliver online sales and brand awareness
- Track responses and measure the success of your marketing efforts.
- Quickly and easily adjust your strategy and tactics.
Digital marketing gives you optimum realtime interaction with customers, reaching more of them for less money than traditional marketing methods and helps builds better relationships and trust.
At Digitaliser we help businesses with their digital marketing campaigns so that they can deliver better personalised message to their customers.
Please contact us to find out more.